Newton & Noss Parish Council wish to appoint a village lengthsman, working flexibly 2.5 days a month, with the opportunity for additional project work to help reduce the build-up of road debris in-between cleaning cycles and keeping the gutters, drains and Buddle holes clear.
Key Tasks – 0.5 days per month
- Emergency Clearance of Drains and Ditches
- Reporting of Potholes via the Devon CC Website
- Reporting of Damaged and Blocked Drains via the Devon CC Website
- Reporting of Overgrown foliage to the PC Clerk (Note Landowners are responsible for maintaining any foliage growing from their land over the Highway and Footpaths).
- Emergency cutting back of overgrown foliage where agreed with Parish Clerk
Monthly Schedule according to a rolling PROGRAMME – 1.5 days per month
- Check and Sweep all road edges in a section of the villages ( typically 1 road per month )
- Road sign cleaning
- Note excessive roadside growth and report to Parish Clerk
The Lengthsman will be self-employed, will be required to have undertaken Chapter 8 Training (Safety at Street Works and Road Works) and have Public Liability Insurance
All relevant equipment will be provided by the Parish Council
If interested and / or you would like more information, then please contact
Tam Gambie, Parish Clerk on 01752 872538 email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Kevin Thomas on 07498 024068 email email@example.com