Under Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972, Newton and Noss Parish Council has discretionary powers to award grants to local groups or organisations for the purposes of bringing a direct benefit to the parish or its residents.

The total grants fund agreed as available from April 2021 to April 2022 is £2,500.

20191022 183714
Village Hall And Cottages, Noss Mayo Geograph.org.uk 1636949
Christmas Tree

Section 137 states that if the grant application will only benefit, say 10% of the residents, then only 10% of the total budgeted Section 137 monies can be granted. Grants considered will normally be 20% of the total cost of the work or project. It is expected that groups and organisations will look at accessing different sources of funding for their project alongside any application to the Parish Council Grants Fund.

To be considered for an award, applicants must email the Parish Clerk with details and these will then be discussed and considered at a Full Council Meeting.

In the past year, the Parish Council has awarded grants to the Newton and Noss Village Hall to help with repointing costs and made a grant to the Newton and Noss Network to put bring an electrical supply to The Green in Newton Ferrers for the Christmas tree lights.